Oars


The shaping of the oars is ready now. It has been much work. Since I have no band saw, I had to remove a lot of wood with my planes. Next time I'll use a different method. And because it is so much work, I regret to have used wood with knots. Simple spruce. When I thought they were ready, I discovered that the oars just fitted in the oar locks. There was no extra room for the leather oar collars. So, I had to plane and sand them again. I put a layer of epoxy on them against warping of the wood. We will soon go on vacation for some weeks and I hate surprises like warped oars. The handles will stay unfinished. Bare wood blisters less than varnished wood. I will probably give the oars nicely coloured contrast striping.





Reacties

Populaire posts van deze blog

Filleting the joints

Review

Epoxy