Front deck


I did some epoxy jobs, today. First I gave the mast its first epoxy layer. Then I glued the plate on the aft for connecting an outboard motor. Not sure to buy one ever, but it's easier to make it now than afterwards. I also put some epoxy on the wood of the bulkheads.
For the little front deck, with the hole in it for the mast, I had to glue two wooden parts to the hull that support the deck. First with a bit of glass epoxy, later more with wood power epoxy.
When weighing the resin and hardener, the epoxy appeared to have some white stuff in it. When I inspected the container, the complete bottom was cured! Not sure what went wrong but I continued and hoped that the used epoxy would cure. It would be a disaster if I had to remove it.



I made a hole in the boom for the rope that hould pull it down. With the applied wood epoxy you hardly see the bronze screw anymore.


Reacties

Populaire posts van deze blog

Choose a boat

Plans

Wood again